The Top 5 Vehicle Manufacturing Countries Of The World

Published: 28th April 2010
Views: N/A

The last ten years have shown great changes in the automotive industry, from the creation of new technologies that are helping to advance the eco-friendly and higher fuel-efficient automotive industry to the almost collapse of North American's Big 3 automobile manufacturers, namely Ford, General Motors and Chrysler. These factors, and many more, have changed the world rankings when it comes to the leaders in overall automobile production.

Just ten short years ago the United States lead the world in production with 12,799,857 units produced, followed by Japan at 10,140,796, but as early as 2005 the US was in a steady decline while other markets rose sharply. The most noted was China whose automobile production doubled by 2005 to 5,708,421 units produced.

In 2009 because of the worldwide automobile crisis, every country saw a significant decline in their automobile production and although the top 5 countries remained the same, Japan, China, South Korea, Germany, and the United States there were some major changes in positioning. The following are the current world leaders based on the 2009 numbers from worldometers.info.

#5 South Korea produced 3,489,136 in 2009.
In 2009 South Korean became the fifth largest automobile industry in the world from help of their five automotive manufacturers, which include Hyundai, Kia, GM Daewoo, Ssangyong, and Renault Samsung.

#4 United Sates of America with 4,366,220 units produced.
In 2009 the USA came in at the fourth position, where they had steadily dropped from the first position just ten years previous. The 14 major automobile manufactures that have factories in the USA are General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Daimler AG, BMW, Navistar, Paccar-DAF, Volvo, Toyota, Nissan Motors, Honda, Fuji Heavy Industries-Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi, and Isuzu.

#3 China with 3,489,136 units being produced.
As of November 2009 China is the third largest automotive producing country in the world. Of the 3,489,136 automobiles being produced, 44.3% are local brands, such as Chery, Geely, Hafei, Jianghuai, Chang'an, Great Wall, and so on, while the other 55.7% are made up of foreign car manufactures such as Volkswagen, General Motors, Hyundai, Nissan, Honda and Toyota. China is poised to become number one in 2010, and is already the leading automotive marketplace in the world.

#2 Germany with 5,398,508 units produced.
Germany's automotive industry is one of the largest employers in the whole country. In 2009 Germany came in at second for the world leaders in automotive production with their six German car manufactures Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Daimler AG, Porsche, and Opel.

#1 Japan with 9,756,515 units produced.
The Japanese automotive industry is one of the most well known industries in the world and has revolutionized the automotive sector with such practised as the Just In Time inventory strategy. Their manufacturing plants are quite different then those of the North American industry. Although they have plants located in North America, such as Toyota, they bring their own philosophy with them. In 2009 Japan was the world's largest vehicle manufacturer with such Japanese automotive manufacturers as Honda, Isuzu, Kawasaki, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Mitsuoka, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, and Yamaha.


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Corey Rozon is a Canadian freelance ghostwriter.
The top 5 auto producing countries in the world article was written for MonsterAuto.ca, your online source for finding used cars, such as used Smart Car cars.

Video Source: Youtube


Report this article Ask About This Article


Loading...
More to Explore